Calgary Northwest Come Try Ringette (August 29)
August 29, 2021 @ 4:30 pm
Huntington Hills Arena
520 78 Ave NW, Calgary, AB
NW Ringette is pleased to host Come Try Ringette to introduce participants and parents to the incredible sport of ringette. Ringette is loved by many for its focus on players being included on a team as a primary measure of success. Technical skating and game play skills are developed gradually through fun practices, dedicated volunteer coaches, and adequate ice time.
Who should come:
– This event is open to all ages under 16 who want to have fun on ice!
– Individuals and their friend(s) who are curious about ringette.
– Existing NW Ringette athletes and their friends that are potentially interested in playing ringette.
– No experience in ringette or skating is necessary – the perfect age to start ringette is the age you are right now!
What should your athlete bring/wear?
– Helmet (skating or skiing helmets only, no bike helmets) (hockey or ringette cage recommended, but not required)
– Gloves (Hockey/Ringette/Lacrosse gloves recommended, winter mittens or gloves acceptable)
– Ringette Stick (there will be sticks available to borrow)
Additional equipment recommended
– Neck guard
– Elbow pads
– Knee / Shin pads
– Ringette girdle / Hockey pants
Interested in coming but don’t have the gear, email Debbie.NW.Ringette@gmail.com and we will help!